Monday, May 7, 2012

Response #2



This consists of two topics put together really. The concept of imagery in poetry and the first day poetry was introduced.  I truly enjoyed when we first started poetry in class and Professor Brady had us close our eyes and listen to lyrics and poetry.  I was majorly surprised that the first lyrics I was hearing was an Eminem song. Most adults are not a big fan of his. As we listened to it being ready, I got clear vivid images of parts in the movie when the song played.  The same goes for the other lyrics and poems.  I got constant visuals in my head of places and events in which I had heard these songs and poems and how I felt at the time.  It was a definitely a different approach to hearing poetry being read.  I was never really into poetry but after that introduction I was really excited for poetry.  As we read each poem the imagery I got in my head was amazing it was like a mini movie going on in my head. The poem I liked the most when it came to imagery was “Identity” by Julio Noboa Polanco.  Literally every single line gave you a visual of something different happening.  When we discussed it in class it was cool to hear how everyone else interpreted it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment